Chestnut Grove Academy Year 6 Wandsworth Test: 11 Plus (11+) Exam Information
Table of Contents
Formed as Chestnut Grove School in 1986, Chestnut Grove Academy is a partially-selective secondary school in Balham, London. The school has academy status and was the first Arts College in the UK. Previous Ofsted reports have rated the school as ‘outstanding’. The school prides itself on being a vibrant place to learn, where students feel part of a community that promotes social responsibility.
Wandsworth Test Information for Chestnut Grove Academy
Registration Closing Date: September (year before entry)
Common Application Form (CAF) Closing Date: October
Exam Date: September
Exam Board Type: GL Assessment
Results Date: October
Allocations Date: March
Appeals Hearings: June, July
Admissions Info: firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 8871 7316
How to Register for the Chestnut Grove Academy Year 6 Test
Before registering for a place at Chestnut Grove, students and parents are encouraged to visit the school during one of its Open Events, which are held throughout the academic year. For more information about these events, parents should contact the school’s Admissions Officer on 020 8772 2512, or at email@example.com.
All applicants to Chestnut Grove Academy need to take the Wandsworth Test (in addition to any aptitude tests) before completing the Common Application Form. This is to provide the school with an indication of each student’s current ability.
In order to apply to take the Wandsworth Test, parents should register their child via the Wandsworth Admissions website.
For more information on choosing a secondary school in Wandsworth, the local authority has a very useful booklet full of information about the admissions process for each school.
Chestnut Grove Academy Year 6 Oversubscription Criteria
There are approximately 180 Year 7 places available at Chestnut Grove, with 120 places allocated to students who perform well in the Wandsworth Test. In cases where there are more applicants to the school than there are available places, Chestnut Grove uses the following oversubscription criteria to determine allocation, giving priority to:
- Looked After or previously Looked After children.
- Students with social or medical needs (with supporting professional evidence).
- Students who already have a brother or sister that attends the school.
- Children of current staff.
- Students who live closest to the school.
Chestnut Grove Academy, Year 6 Test, 11 Plus Exam Format
Every applicant to Chestnut Grove is required to take the Wandsworth Test – even those who are applying for a specialist place. The test is prepared by the exam board GL Assessment and consists of:
- A non-verbal reasoning test that last for 55 minutes
- A verbal reasoning test that lasts for 50 minutes.
Students are given a short practice session before each test and there will be a break between the two papers. Both papers are presented on a pre-printed answer sheet, in multiple-choice format.
Papers are marked electronically and are age-standardised. Based on their test score, students are placed in one of five bands to determine the top performing students. Test results are emailed to parents in October.
More information on the Wandsworth Year 6 Test is provided on the local authority website.
Practice Exam Papers for the Chestnut Grove Academy Year 6 Test
At Exam Papers Plus, we believe that a little preparation goes a long way to making students feel more confident on exam day. We produce resources that help students prepare for competitive entry exams like the Chestnut Grove Academy Wandsworth Year 6 Test.
Our practice papers help students become familiar with the layout of this competitive entry exam. They also provide students with an idea of the types of verbal and non-verbal reasoning questions they can expect on the day of their test.
When used alongside a planned study schedule, the resources below can help improve a student’s confidence. Our practice tests cover all the question types that are known to appear in the Wandsworth Test. Each practice test includes answers and should be taken under exam conditions:
Full Practice Tests
Full Practice Tests
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 1)
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 2)
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 3)
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 4)
Skill Specific Practice
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Anagrams
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Analogies
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Codes
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Compound Words
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Embedded Words
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Form a Word
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Insert a Letter
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Letter Calculations
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Letter Sequences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Move a Letter
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Number Calculations
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Number Sequences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Shuffled Sentences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Synonyms
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Completion
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Match
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Opposites
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Puzzles
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Relationships
Get 10% off orders over £60 and 20% off orders over £200. Use the code eppdiscount at checkout.
The information provided about the Wandsworth Year 6 Test was believed to be correct at the time of publishing. However, please be aware of future changes. We advise you to contact the school directly if you are unsure of anything. Contact details are provided within individual school posts.