Table of Contents
Founded in 1969, Queens’ School is a partially selective, co-educational secondary school with academy status. The school specialises in sports and science and educates 1700 pupils. It aims to develop each student’s potential, whether in academics, sports or music.
Queens’ School is the largest school in Hertfordshire and is part of the South West Herts Grammar School Consortium. Students are split into four houses and take part in various sporting, musical and academic activities throughout the school year.
11 Plus Exam Information for Queens’ School
Address: Queens’ School, Aldenham Road, Bushey WD23 2TY
Admissions Info: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01923 224465
School Type: Co-educational, partially selective
Number of pupils: 1700 (approx.)
Number of Places in Year 7: 265
Open Day Date: October
Exam Date: September
Exam Board Type: GL Assessment
Queens’ School 11 Plus Admissions
This article is relevant for those aiming for entry to the school based on the Academic Criterion. The school also offers an entry point via the Music criterion, which is not discussed here.
Applications for Year 7 places at Queens’ School are submitted via the Hertfordshire Education Authority using the Secondary Transfer Form (STF). Parents also need to complete a Queens’ School Application for Admission Form (SIF) and register with the South West Herts Consortium. It is essential that all forms are completed and returned no later than the closing date.
In the event that the school is oversubscribed in Year 7, the following students will be given priority:
- Looked after, or previously looked after, children
- Children with a sibling attending the school at the time of admission
- Children whose permanent residence is located within postcodes laid out in the school’s admission policy document
- Children with a particular aptitude in sport (up to 13 places)
- Children with a particular aptitude in music (up to 13 places)
- Up to 92 places based on merit, based on the results of the assessment test
- Distance to the school.
How to Apply for 11 Plus Entry to Queens’ School
To apply for Year 7 entry to Queens’ School, parents must first register their child with the South West Herts Admissions Consortium. Students can then be registered for the school’s entrance tests online.
Parents can also collect a registration form from the school and return the paper version to:
South West Herts School Tests
PO Box 2439
Before registering, parents should thoroughly check their child’s eligibility for entry.
Queens’ School Catchment Area
Does Queens’ School have a catchment area?
Yes, Queens’ School has a catchment area with priority based on location and distance from the school.
Queens’ School 11 Plus Exam Format
Queens’ School adheres to Hertfordshire’s Co-ordinated Admissions Scheme and as such, the exam consists of the following tests:
- Maths paper set by GL Assessment
- Verbal Reasoning paper set by GL Assessment
The tests last for around 50 minutes. Students will have a short break between tests.
Queens’ School also offers places to students with exceptional sporting ability on the condition that students live within the designated catchment area. Eligible students are required to take the PE Aptitude Test, which covers the core movement skills. The tests have been selected by the Council of European Physical Fitness.
How to Prepare for the Queens’ School 11 Plus Exam?
To maximise the chance of success in the Queens’ School 11 Plus exam, students must be well-organised. The more time pupils spend preparing, the lower their stress levels will be as the exam date approaches. As a starting point, we’d recommend that parents review our 11 Plus guide for parents, which provides an overview of the exam and what to expect from the process from start to finish.
Queens’ School tends to be oversubscribed for Year 7 places, so students should start their exam revision early to improve their weaker subject areas. Practice test papers are an ideal way of preparing for the 11 Plus exam at Queens’. At Exam Papers Plus, our papers help familiarise students with the layout of the exam and help improve their time management skills.
Practice Exam Papers for the Queens’ School 11 Plus Exam
For the Queens’ School 11 Plus exam, we would specifically recommend the following resources to help your child prepare:
Full Practice Tests
- 11+ Maths – Grammar Schools – (Pack 1)
- 11+ Maths – Grammar Schools – (Pack 2)
- 11+ Maths – Grammar Schools – (Pack 3)
- 11+ Maths – Grammar Schools – (Pack 4)
Skill specific practice
Full Practice Tests
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 1)
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 2)
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 3)
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 4)
Skill Specific Practice
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Anagrams
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Analogies
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Codes
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Compound Words
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Embedded Words
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Form a Word
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Insert a Letter
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Letter Calculations
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Letter Sequences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Move a Letter
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Number Calculations
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Number Sequences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Shuffled Sentences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Synonyms
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Completion
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Match
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Opposites
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Puzzles
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Relationships
Get 10% off orders over £60 and 20% off orders over £200. Use the code eppdiscount at checkout.
Our practice tests aim to show what sort of questions were included in Queens’ School 11+ past papers. The information provided about Queens’ School was believed to be correct at the time of publishing. However, please be aware of future changes. We advise you to contact the school directly if you are unsure of anything. School contact details are provided within the post.