Table of Contents
A Specialist Science and Arts College, Rickmansworth School provides a well-rounded education that encourages students to participate in a number of extracurricular activities outside of the classroom. Students can join a variety of different clubs and societies, including the science club, debating society and various musical ensembles.
11 Plus Exam Information for Rickmansworth School
Address: Rickmansworth School, Scots Hill, Rickmansworth WD3 3AQ
Admissions Info: email@example.com, 01923 773296
School Type: Co-educational, partially selective
Number of pupils: 1,261 (approx.)
Number of Places available: 196
Open Day Date: September
Exam Date: September
Exam Board Type: GL Assessment
Rickmansworth School 11 Plus Admissions – Academic Criterion
This article is relevant for those aiming for entry to the school based on the Academic Criterion. The school also offers an entry point via the Music criterion, which is not discussed here.
To be considered for a Year 7 place at Rickmansworth School, prospective pupils must sit the 11 Plus entrance exam.
In the first instance, students must be registered with the South West Herts Consortium. Parents should also complete the school’s Supplementary Information Form (SIF) for Secondary Transfer and return it directly to the school.
Rickmansworth receives an average of eight applications per available place in Year 7, so the school uses its oversubscription criteria to determine which pupils will be given priority. The Rickmansworth School oversubscription criteria gives priority to:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children.
- Distance from the school (no more than 23 places to be allocated based on this criteria)
- Students who have a parent or guardian who is a permanent member of the school staff
- Children with a sibling at the school
- Children with a proven aptitude in music (no more than 23 places)
- 57 places will be available by reference to academic ability in descending order of merit.
For a full breakdown of Rickmansworth School’s admission process, please visit the school’s website directly.
How to Apply for 11 Plus Entry to Rickmansworth School
To apply for eleven plus entry to Rickmansworth School, parents should register their child for the exams via the South West Herts Schools Consortium. Registration can be completed via the Consortium website, or by collecting a form from the school. Paper registrations can be returned to:
South West Herts School Tests
PO Box 2439
Please check your child’s eligibility for entry before registering.
Rickmansworth School Catchment Area
Does Rickmansworth School have a catchment area?
Yes, they do. For Rickmansworth School, priority catchment area is defined by the postal addresses of WD17, WD18, WD19, WD23, WD24, WD25, WD3, WD4, WD5, HA6 2 and HA6 3.
Rickmansworth School 11 Plus Exam Format
Rickmansworth School follows the Co-ordinated Admissions Scheme for Hertfordshire.
Prospective pupils will be required to take the following exams for an academic place:
- Maths paper, lasts approximately 50 minutes and is set by GL Assessment
- Verbal Reasoning paper, lasts approximately 50 minutes and is set by GL Assessment
How to Prepare for the Rickmansworth School 11 Plus Exam?
We’d recommend that students who are due to take the Rickmansworth School Scondary Transfer Test should create a thorough revision timetable well ahead of the test day. The more prepared pupils are ahead of the exam, the better chance they’ll have of gaining one of the Year 7 places at the school.
It’s likely that students will have to commit extra time to revision sessions, so if parents notice that their child is struggling to get motivated, consider introducing fun revision games.
Practice exam papers are an effective way to prepare for the Rickmansworth School eleven plus exam. At Exam Papers Plus, we produce practice papers to help students become familiar with the types of questions they may be asked on exam day. Our papers can also improve students’ time management skills, especially if taken under exam conditions.
Practice Exam Papers for the Rickmansworth School 11 Plus Exam
For the Rickmansworth School 11+ exam, we would specifically recommend the following resources to help prepare:
Full Practice Tests
- 11+ Maths – Grammar Schools – (Pack 1)
- 11+ Maths – Grammar Schools – (Pack 2)
- 11+ Maths – Grammar Schools – (Pack 3)
- 11+ Maths – Grammar Schools – (Pack 4)
Skill specific practice
Full Practice Tests
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 1)
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 2)
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 3)
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 4)
Skill Specific Practice
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Anagrams
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Analogies
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Codes
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Compound Words
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Embedded Words
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Form a Word
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Insert a Letter
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Letter Calculations
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Letter Sequences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Move a Letter
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Number Calculations
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Number Sequences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Shuffled Sentences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Synonyms
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Completion
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Match
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Opposites
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Puzzles
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Relationships
Get 10% off orders over £60 and 20% off orders over £200. Use the code eppdiscount at checkout.
Our practice tests aim to show what sort of questions were included in Rickmansworth School 11+ past papers. The information provided about Rickmansworth School was believed to be correct at the time of publishing. However, please be aware of future changes. We advise you to contact the school directly if you are unsure of anything. School contact details are provided within the post.