Table of Contents
Founded in 1528, The King’s School is located in the Lincolnshire market town of Grantham. An all-boys’ grammar school, King’s has academy status and teaches pupils aged 11-18.
Over 1,000 pupils are split across six houses and the school offers them a diverse curriculum. It encourages its boys to participate in creatively-led enrichment activities including music, drama and art. The school also has an active Combined Cadet Force.
11 Plus Exam Information for The King’s School Grantham
Address: The King’s School, Brook Street, Grantham NG31 6RP
Admissions Info: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01476 563180
School Type: Boys’ Grammar
Number of pupils: 1,016 (approx.)
Number of Places in Year 7: 174
Open Day Date: June
Exam Date: September
Exam Board Type: GL Assessment
The King’s School Grantham 11 Plus Admissions
The King’s School Grantham is part of the Lincolnshire Consortium of Grammar Schools. With 174 places available in Year 7, the school is often over-subscribed. In cases where there are more applicants than available places, the following oversubscription criteria are used, giving priority to:
- Looked after children and all previously looked after children who have achieved the qualifying score (220 and above).
- Any remaining places will then be awarded in rank score order for those students who have qualified for entry, up to the total number of children intended to be admitted.
For more information about The King’s School admissions process, take a look at the school’s website.
How to Apply for 11 Plus Entry to The King’s School Grantham
To apply for a Year 7 place at The King’s School, parents should visit their Local Authority (LA) website to register their interest in a place. They should then download and complete the school’s registration form to book their child’s place in the eleven plus exam.
Exam results will be sent to parents and guardians in October, ahead of the deadline for returning the parental preference form to the local authority. In March of the following year, the local authority will send out place offers based on the preferences submitted on the application form.
The King’s School Grantham 11 Plus Exam Format
The 11+ test for The King’s School consists of two multiple-choice papers:
- Verbal Reasoning – this 50-minute test is made-up of 80 questions.
- Non-Verbal Reasoning – this 40-minute test is made-up of 70 questions and is split into five sections. Two of the five sections cover Spatial Reasoning.
How to Prepare for the King’s School Grantham 11 Plus Exam?
The King’s School, Grantham is a popular grammar in Lincolnshire, so children must be fully prepared for the eleven plus exam well ahead of test day. As the school’s entrance exam focuses on reasoning, we would recommend reading the following articles to gain a better understanding of what the tests involve:
Often, the build-up to the 11 plus can be more stressful than the actual exam. To boost your son’s confidence ahead of the test, incorporate practice exam papers into his revision timetable.
Practice Exam Papers for the King’s School Grantham 11 Plus Exam
At Exam Papers Plus, we have a selection of 11+ practice tests that will help your son to prepare for The King’s School Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning entrance exams. We would specifically recommend the following packs:
Full Practice Tests
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 1)
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 2)
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 3)
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 4)
Skill Specific Practice
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Anagrams
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Analogies
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Codes
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Compound Words
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Embedded Words
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Form a Word
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Insert a Letter
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Letter Calculations
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Letter Sequences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Move a Letter
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Number Calculations
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Number Sequences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Shuffled Sentences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Synonyms
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Completion
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Match
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Opposites
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Puzzles
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Relationships
Full Practice Tests
Get 10% off orders over £60 and 20% off orders over £200. Use the code eppdiscount at checkout.
Our practice tests aim to show what sort of questions were included in King’s School Grantham 11+ past papers. The information provided about the King’s School Grantham was believed to be correct at the time of publishing. However, please be aware of future changes. We advise you to contact the school directly if you are unsure of anything. School contact details are provided within the post.