Table of Contents
King Edward VI Academy is a coeducational bilateral school located in the Lincolnshire market town of Spilsby. The school also has academy status. Regular funding has enabled the school to build modern facilities that offer pupils a range of opportunities, whether academic, vocational, artistic or sporting.
11 Plus Exam Information for King Edward VI Academy
Address: King Edward VI Academy, West End, Spilsby PE23 5EW
Admissions Info: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01790 753260
School Type: Co-Educational Grammar
Number of pupils: 417 (approx.)
Number of Places in Year 7: 95 (approx.)
Open Day Date: July
Exam Date: September
Exam Board Type: GL Assessment
King Edward VI Academy 11 Plus Admissions
Admission to King Edward VI Academy in Year 7 is determined by pupil performance in the 11 Plus exam. There are currently 85 places allocated to Year 7 students, although only around 30 of these are selective. The school strongly encourages prospective students and their parents to attend one of their open evenings before applying for a place.
King Edward VI Academy is a member of the Lincolnshire Consortium of Grammar Schools and the Local Authority (LA), Lincolnshire County Council, coordinates the school’s admissions using the 11+ exam.
In cases where the school is oversubscribed, the following oversubscription criteria is used, giving priority to:
- Looked after, or previously looked after, children
- Children with a sibling at the school at the time of application
- Children who live closest to the school
- Children attending a named feeder school
You can find out more information about King Edward VI Academy’s admission process at Year 7 by visiting the school’s website.
How to Apply for 11 Plus Entry to King Edward VI Academy
As an academy, King Edward VI operates under the LA’s admissions scheme. All Year 7 places are managed by Lincolnshire County Council. Once a child has taken the 11+ in September, results will be sent to parents by the LA in October.
Parents living in Lincolnshire should complete a Common Application Form (CAF) directly via the LA website. Failure to do so will mean your child will not be considered for a grammar school place in Lincolnshire.
King Edward VI Academy 11 Plus Exam Format
Prospective pupils for King Edward VI Academy must sit two eleven plus tests. These exams are multiple-choice and students will be tested on:
- Verbal Reasoning – this 50-minute test is made-up of 80 questions.
- Non-Verbal Reasoning – this 40-minute test is made-up of 70 questions. Questions must be answered one section at a time, with seven minutes allocated to each section. Pupils cannot move onto the next section until they are told to do so. Two of the five sections cover Spatial Reasoning.
How to Prepare for the King Edward VI Academy 11 Plus Exam?
To give children the best possible chance of achieving the required standard for Year 7 entry to King Edward VI Academy, revision should begin a few months ahead of the actual exam date.
The King Edward VI Academy 11 plus exam focuses on reasoning, so parents are advised to read the following articles ahead of scheduling revision sessions:
At Exam Papers Plus, we publish practice exam papers to help boost students’ confidence. These papers provide students with a better understanding of what is required in the test.
Practice Exam Papers for the King Edward VI Academy 11 Plus Exam
Our 11 Plus practice tests help children prepare for the King Edward VI Academy exam. We would specifically recommend the following packs:
Full Practice Tests
Full Practice Tests
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Pack 1
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Pack 2
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Pack 3
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Pack 4
Skill Specific Practice
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Anagrams
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Analogies
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Codes
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Compound Words
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Embedded Words
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Form a Word
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Insert a Letter
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Letter Analogies
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Letter Calculations
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Letter Codes
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Letter Sequences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Move a Letter
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Number Analogies
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Number Calculations
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Number Sequences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Shuffled Sentences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Synonyms
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Word Completion
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Word Match
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Word Opposites
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Word Pairs
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Word Puzzles
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Word Relationships
Get 10% off orders over £60 and 20% off orders over £200. Use the code eppdiscount at checkout.
Our practice tests aim to show what sort of questions were included in King Edward VI Academy 11+ past papers. The information provided about King Edward VI Academy was believed to be correct at the time of publishing. However, please be aware of future changes. We advise you to contact the school directly if you are unsure of anything. School contact details are provided within the post.