Greenshaw High School 11 Plus (11+) Exam Selective Eligibility Test Information
Table of Contents
Founded in 1967, Greenshaw High School is a co-educational academy in Sutton. The school educates around 1,600 pupils and was originally founded as a comprehensive school.
Greenshaw gained academy status in 2011 and, in 2014, was reconstituted as a multi-academy trust, named ‘Greenshaw Learning Trust’. The school is known for having a successful sixth form and has been awarded the Arts Council Silver award, Investor in People, Associate Training School and Health School awards. Greenshaw is currently rated ‘good’ by Ofsted.
11 Plus Exam Information for Greenshaw High School
Address: Greenshaw High School, Grennell Road, Sutton, SM1 3DY
Admissions Info: firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 8715 1001
School Type: Mixed grammar
Number of pupils: 1600 (approx.)
Number of Places in Year 7: 314
Open Day Date: September
Exam Date: September
Exam Board Type: Selective Eligibility Test (SET)
Greenshaw High School 11 Plus Admissions
Year 7 entry to Greenshaw Academy is coordinated by the London Borough of Sutton. The Greenshaw Learning Trust is the admissions authority for the school and their admission arrangements can be found here.
The school admits 314 students into Year 7 each year, including ‘statemented’ students. Places are allocated under the following criteria:
- Looked After, or previously Looked After Children
- Students with exceptional medical or social needs
- Pupils who demonstrate top performance in the Selective Eligibility Test (up to 60 places available)
- Children of staff members
- Students who have a sibling at the school
- Pupils who live closest to the school
For more information on Greenshaw Academy’s admissions policy, please contact email@example.com, or telephone the Admissions Officer on 020 8715 1001.
How to Apply for 11 Plus Entry to Greenshaw High School
Before applying for a place at Greenshaw, parents and students are advised to attend the school’s Open Evening, which takes place in September. The school also runs two Open Mornings in October by appointment only.
In order to apply for a Year 7 place at Greenshaw High School, parents need to complete a Common Application Form (CAF), stating Greenshaw as one of their child’s preferences. The form should be returned to their Local Authority before the closing date. The Sutton CAF is available online.
In order to be eligible to take the Greenshaw Academy Selective Eligibility Test, parents need to complete an online application form on the school Admissions page once registration opens. All applicants who complete the registration form will be invited to take the test.
Greenshaw High School Catchment Area
Does Greenshaw High School have a catchment area?
The school doesn’t have a ‘catchment area’ as such. Over the past few years, the furthest offer they have made under their distance criteria is around 1.2 km.
Greenshaw High School 11 Plus Exam Format
In previous years, the Sutton Eligibility Test consisted of:
- Maths and English, both multiple-choice
Each test paper includes questions typical to the KS2 national curriculum. It should be noted that success in the test doesn’t automatically mean that a student will be allocated a place.
Notification offers are sent to parents at the end of September and a written acceptance of a place should be received by the closing date. For more information on the Greenshaw Academy Selective Eligibility Test, the school website has a useful FAQs page.
Practice Exam Papers for the Greenshaw High School 11 Plus Exam
Our online practice papers help students and parents identify any weaker areas that require additional work before the exam.
For students studying for the Greenshaw Selective Eligibility Test, we would recommend using the following practice papers, specifically designed for the S.E.T:
Stage 1 SET – Full Practice Tests
- 11+ Selective Eligibility Test (SET) Practice Test 1
- 11+ Selective Eligibility Test (SET) Practice Test 2
- 11+ Selective Eligibility Test (SET) Practice Test 3
- 11+ Selective Eligibility Test (SET) Practice Test 4
- 11+ Selective Eligibility Test (SET) Practice Test 5
- 11+ Selective Eligibility Test (SET) Practice Test 6
- 11+ Selective Eligibility Test (SET) Practice Test 7
- 11+ Selective Eligibility Test (SET) Practice Test 8
- 11+ Selective Eligibility Test (SET) Practice Test 9
- 11+ Selective Eligibility Test (SET) Practice Test 10
- 11+ Selective Eligibility Test (SET) Practice Test 11
- 11+ Selective Eligibility Test (SET) Practice Test 12
- 11+ Selective Eligibility Test (SET) Practice Test 13
- 11+ Selective Eligibility Test (SET) Practice Test 14
- 11+ Selective Eligibility Test (SET) Practice Test 15
Targeted Practice for the Stage 1 SET English Test
Skill Specific Practice
- 11+ Sutton + Kingston: Prefixes and Suffixes
- 11+ Sutton + Kingston: Synonyms and Antonyms
- 11+ Sutton + Kingston: Spelling
- 11+ Sutton + Kingston: Odd One Out
- 11+ Sutton: Homophones
- 11+ Sutton: Language
- 11+ Sutton: Cloze
- 11+ Sutton: Comprehension
Targeted Practice for the Stage 1 SET Mathematics Test
Full Practice Tests
Skill specific practice
- 11+ Algebra
- 11+ Angles & Degrees
- 11+ BODMAS
- 11+ Estimation & Place Value
- 11+ Factors & Multiples
- 11+ Fractions, Decimals & Percentages
- 11+ Measurements
- 11+ Money
- 11+ Operations
- 11+ Perimeter, Area & Volume
- 11+ Position & Direction
- 11+ Probability
- 11+ Problem Solving – Pack 1
- 11+ Problem Solving – Pack 2
- 11+ Properties of Shapes
- 11+ Ratio & Proportion
- 11+ Reflection, Rotation & Symmetry
- 11+ Sequences
- 11+ Special Numbers
- 11+ Speed, Distance & Time
- 11+ Statistics
Get 10% off orders over £70 and 20% off orders over £250. Use the code eppdiscount at checkout.
Our practice tests aim to show what sort of questions were included in Greenshaw High School 11+ past papers. The information provided about Greenshaw High School was believed to be correct at the time of publishing. However, please be aware of future changes. We advise you to contact the school directly if you are unsure of anything. School contact details are provided within the post. Exam Papers Plus is an independent publisher of high quality practice tests and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Greenshaw High School.