Graveney School Year 6 Wandsworth Test: 11 Plus (11+) Exam Information
Table of Contents
Founded in 1986, Graveney School is a partially-selective secondary school and sixth form located in Tooting. The school has academy status and, in previous years, has been rated as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted. The school prides itself on providing a disciplined atmosphere for pupils to learn. Graveney aims to produce confident, responsible adults who will make a positive contribution to society.
For a short tour of the school grounds, take a look at this drone video:
Wandsworth Test Information for Graveney School
Registration Closing Date: September (year before entry)
Common Application Form (CAF) Closing Date: October
Exam Date: September
Exam Board Type: GL Assessment
Results Date: October
Allocations Date: March
Appeals Hearings: June, July
Admissions Info: firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 8871 7316
How to Register for the Graveney School Year 6 Test
Before registering for a Year 7 place at Graveney School, students and parents are encouraged to attend one of the Open Days, which take place during the summer and autumn months. The events give students the opportunity to tour the school and attend talks by the Principal and Deputies. The school currently doesn’t provide private tours.
For more information on Graveney School’s Open Days, please visit this page on the school’s website.
After taking the Wandsworth Year 6 Test, all candidates need to submit an online application through their Local Authority’s website, or complete a Common Application Form from their LA.
The CAF is completed after the Year 6 test so that the school already has prior information about each pupil’s academic ability before allocating places. Students who don’t attend a Wandsworth school need to register through their LA to be invited to a test session.
Graveney School Year 6 Oversubscription Criteria
Each year, Graveney School admits around 280 pupils, of which 70 places are allocated to those who score highest in the Wandsworth Test. In cases where there are less than 70 applicants through the selective stream, the school uses the following oversubscription criteria to determine place priority:
- Looked After or previously Looked After children
- Students who already have a sibling at the school
- Students with an exceptional medical or social need
- Children of school staff members
- Students who live closest to the school
Graveney School, Year 6 Test, 11 Plus Exam Format
All applicants to Graveney School take the Wandsworth Year 6 Test, which consists of two papers:
- Verbal reasoning (50 minutes long)
- Non-verbal reasoning (55 minutes long)
The 70 places offered at Graveney are given to those that score the highest in the Year 6 test. The test is prepared by the exam board GL Assessment and is designed to provide schools with an indication of a students’ academic ability.
Both the verbal and non-verbal reasoning tests are laid out in a multiple-choice format and are marked electronically. Test results are age-standardised and emailed to parents in October.
More information on the Wandsworth Year 6 Test is provided on the local authority website.
Practice Exam Papers for the Graveney School Year 6 Test
In addition to working from a planned study schedule, students can improve their chances of performing well in the Graveney School Year 6 Test by using practice papers.
At Exam Papers Plus, we publish resources that help students prepare for competitive entry tests, like the Graveney School Wandsworth Test. Our practice papers help familiarise students with the types of verbal and non-verbal reasoning questions they could be asked in the GL Assessment exam.
Below, we’ve listed the most relevant resources for students preparing for the Graveney School entry test. These practice tests should help give students the confidence boost they need ahead of exam day. Each practice test includes answers and should ideally be taken under exam conditions.
Full Practice Tests
- 11+ Non-Verbal Reasoning Pack 1
- 11+ Non-Verbal Reasoning Pack 2
- 11+ Non-Verbal Reasoning Pack 3
- 11+ Non-Verbal Reasoning Pack 4
Full Practice Tests
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Pack 1
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Pack 2
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Pack 3
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Pack 4
Skill Specific Practice
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Anagrams
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Analogies
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Codes
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Compound Words
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Embedded Words
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Form a Word
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Insert a Letter
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Letter Analogies
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Letter Calculations
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Letter Codes
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Letter Sequences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Move a Letter
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Number Analogies
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Number Calculations
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Number Sequences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Shuffled Sentences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Synonyms
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Word Completion
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Word Match
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Word Opposites
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Word Pairs
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Word Puzzles
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Word Relationships
Get 10% off orders over £60 and 20% off orders over £200. Use the code eppdiscount at checkout.
The information provided about the Wandsworth Year 6 Test was believed to be correct at the time of publishing. However, please be aware of future changes. We advise you to contact the school directly if you are unsure of anything. Contact details are provided within this post.