Ashcroft Technology Academy Year 6 Wandsworth Test: 11 Plus (11+) Exam Information
Table of Contents
Founded in 2007, Ashcroft Technology Academy is a state secondary school and sixth-form for students aged 11-18 in West Hill, London. In recent years, the school has undergone extensive refurbishment, which includes a purpose-built sixth-form and Autism Resource Centre. The school is named after Lord Michael Ashcroft and is a registered charity. Ashcroft has been awarded the Investors in People, Charter Mark, and the School Achievement Award.
Wandsworth Test Information for Ashcroft Technology Academy
Registration Closing Date: September (year before entry)
Common Application Form (CAF) Closing Date: October
Exam Date: September
Exam Board Type: GL Assessment
Results Date: October
Allocations Date: March
Appeals Hearings: June, July
Admissions Info: firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 8871 7316
How to Register for the Ashcroft Technology Academy Year 6 Test
Before registering for a place at Ashcroft Technology Academy, students and parents are encouraged to visit the school during one of its Open Events which take place at various dates throughout June and September. There are limited spaces for these events and parents are asked to express their interest by email at email@example.com, or by telephone on 020 8812 3551.
As part of the Wandsworth Schools admissions process, students need to take the Wandsworth Year 6 Test before completing a Common Application Form from their Local Authority. The CAF can be completed online, here and although late applications are accepted, they will only be processed after the initial offer date.
For more information on choosing a secondary school in Wandsworth, the local authority has a very useful booklet full of information about the admissions process for each school.
Ashcroft Technology Academy Year 6 Oversubscription Criteria
The trustees of Ashcroft Technology Academy are responsible for admitting students into the school. Each year, 240 students are admitted into Year 7, with 24 students offered a place based on their aptitude for technology.
All students (even those applying through the aptitude test) are required to take the Wandsworth Year 6 Test. In the first instance, places are offered to students with a Statement of Special Educational Needs or Education Health and Care Plan. Then, in cases where there are more than 240 Year 7 applicants, the schools uses the following oversubscription criteria, giving priority to:
- Looked After or previously Looked After children.
- Students who already have a brother or sister at the school.
- Students who have a parent that works for the school.
- Those who live closest to the school.
Ashcroft Technology Academy, Year 6 Test, 11 Plus Exam Format
All students who apply to Ashcroft Technology Academy are required to take the Wandsworth Year 6 Test. The test is designed to provide the school with an indication of each applicant’s academic ability. The Wandsworth Test is prepared by the exam board GL Assessment and includes two papers:
- A non-verbal reasoning test (55 minutes long)
- A verbal reasoning test (50 minutes long)
Students will have the chance to take a practice session before each test begins. There will also be a break between the two tests. Questions are presented on a pre-printed answer sheet, in a multiple-choice format.
Papers are marked electronically and are age-standardised. Test results are emailed to parents in October.
More information on the Wandsworth Year 6 Test is provided on the local authority website.
Practice Exam Papers for the Ashcroft Technology Academy Year 6 Test
When used alongside a dedicated study plan, practice papers can really help boost a child’s confidence. At Exam Papers Plus, we specialise in publishing resources that help students prepare for entrance tests, like the Ashcroft Technology Academy Wandsworth Test.
Our papers are designed to help students become familiar with the types of verbal and non-verbal reasoning questions they may be asked on the day. Each of our practice tests should be taken under timed conditions to help develop students’ time management skills.
Below, we’ve listed our most useful resources for those preparing for the Ashcroft Technology Academy Year 6 Test. The packs cover each type of question that’s known to appear in the Wandsworth Test. Each practice test includes answers:
Full Practice Tests
Full Practice Tests
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 1)
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 2)
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 3)
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning – Grammar Schools – (Pack 4)
Skill Specific Practice
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Anagrams
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Analogies
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Codes
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Compound Words
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Embedded Words
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Form a Word
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Insert a Letter
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Letter Calculations
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Letter Sequences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Move a Letter
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Number Calculations
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Number Sequences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Shuffled Sentences
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Synonyms
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Completion
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Match
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Opposites
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Puzzles
- 11+ Verbal Reasoning: Word Relationships
Get 10% off orders over £60 and 20% off orders over £200. Use the code eppdiscount at checkout.
The information provided about the Wandsworth Year 6 Test was believed to be correct at the time of publishing. However, please be aware of future changes. We advise you to contact the school directly if you are unsure of anything. Contact details are provided within the post.