11+ Sutton: Language – LEARN MORE
Everything you need to know about our new pack:
Who will benefit from this pack?
This pack is designed for students applying for 11+ entry to the following Sutton Grammar Schools:
- Nonsuch High School
- Wilson’s School
- Wallington High School for Girls
- Wallington County Grammar School
- Sutton Grammar School
- Greenshaw High School
Why is this pack important?
The first round test at Sutton Grammar Schools is known as the Selective Eligibility Test. It covers Maths and English in a multiple-choice format.
In the English paper of this test, there are questions that will assess a student’s language skills.
Therefore, it is useful for students to spend time focusing on these types of questions so they are well prepared for the exam. To facilitate this, we’ve created this targeted pack to make the exam preparation process as efficient and effective as possible.
This pack assesses punctuation, grammar, literary techniques and correct vocabulary usage. The questions use the same formats and styles that come up in the actual Selective Eligibility Test.
The Sutton grammar school exams are very competitive; every mark counts. As such, familiarising students with this slightly unusual topic undoubtedly puts them in an advantageous position on test day.
What is included in this pack?
We’ve created 24 practice tests to specifically target language skills.
Each test covers a variety of question types focusing on language skills:
- Students are required to identify which of five sentences is correctly punctuated.
- Students are required to identify the literary technique used in a sentence.
- Students are required to select the correct word to complete a sentence with correct grammar.
- Students are required to identify the best adjective or adverb to complete a sentence contextually.
- Students are required to identify which of five sentences correctly uses a key word.
The tests also provide an excellent opportunity for students to improve their vocabulary and spelling.
The pack contains 600 original questions.
Click here to learn more and get hold of this pack. It is available for download immediately after purchase.
Click on the links below to view our specific recommendations for each of the Grammar schools in Sutton:
We hope you find this new resource beneficial. As ever, if you have any questions or queries, get in touch.